April 11, 2012

Decompression

It is now the 3rd week into Spring Quarter and I have yet to decompress and adjust back to the steadfast life of books, classrooms, and midterms.  It seems as though the lingering melancholy of a past life will be a constant reminder of where I've left my heart. The infamous travel bug has swept me off my feet and the only cure is to get back into the life of backpacks and travelers. After Dharamsala, the remaining amount of money spent on the internet was strictly dedicated to research, assignments, and emails.  But that did not limit my two week vacation in Thailand after the Institute for Village Studies had gone home.  Together with three other girls from the group, we set a journey throughout the beautiful southern peninsula of Tonsai and Railay and then up north to Chiang Mai and Pai.  It is strange coming back to a life where time harnesses such a limiting power upon my daily life.  Between school, extraneous chores, and a blossoming social life, I have found it extremely difficult to find time to refine my travel pictures.  They will be posted as imminently as possible.

But in the meantime, a colleague has posted on Facebook an inspiring short documentary about Ole Jorgen's Orphanage in Noh Bo where we resided in January. So beautiful and nostalgic, I can almost remember the embrace of the children.


Peace, love, and good vibes for all fellow dreamers out there
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment